Peanut butter salad? HELLO!
Trust me, this peanut butter salad is WAY more delicious than you are thinking it will be. Just hear me out.
When we talk salads, it can be hard to get excited about them so I sat down and asked myself a very important question. "What makes any situation better?" The reoccurring words that just kept coming into my head space - PEANUT BUTTER. Right? Am I the only one? Surely not.
Peanut Butter has protein as well as potassium — which lowers the risk of high blood pressure, stroke and heart disease. It also contains fiber for your bowel health, healthy fats, magnesium to fortify your bones and muscles, Vitamin E and antioxidants. With this tasty addition to your salad, how can you not be crushing both your nutrition and life goals?
CHOPPED CHICKEN SALAD WITH PEANUT BUTTER
20 minutes - Serves 4
What do you need?
- 1 small green cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 asian pear
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1.5 cups chicken breast (roasted)
- 1/4 cup raisins or craisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
How do you make it?
- Chop cooked chicken breast, cabbage, bell peppers, pear, cilantro, and peanuts. Combine all of these ingredients in a bowl. If using raisins or craisins add now.
- In a blender, combine chopped garlic, apple cider, soy, palm sugar, lime juice, coconut oil, peanut butter and water. - Blend until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss just before serving. DEVOUR IT!
Optional additions to salad dressing: Chilli peppers, splash of fish sauce or sub coconut oil for olive oil.
Staying on track with your fitness program and goals while attending social events and enjoying delicious food is definitely realistic when you incorporate an easy recipe like this one! With all of that being said, being perfect is unrealistic and you can hear my take on that in this recent article perfection = stupid!
Want an accountability partner to keep you on track? Ready to make changes and eat a healthy balanced lifestyle? Say no to diets and Join me, one powerful group of women on one transformation adventure starting on July 22nd - spaces limited. Apply here.
Stay Strong. Be the fire.