Stay on track with your fitness even in the WINTER!
Winter is here and it can be so hard to stay on track with your fitness as it gets dark early and the air hurts your face. There are a few things you can do and below are my recommendations to staying on track with your fitness goals even in the WINTER!
1. Join a gym. BEFORE you join the gym though, consider where it is located. Is it on the way home? Is it in an area where you spend a lot of time? If you have to pass the gym regularly, it will make it MUCH easier to stay motivated to go there. These clutch fitness quotes will also help as motivation so set one of them as your phone background or pin them up somewhere to keep them front of mind.
2. Mix it up. Far too often I see people doing exercise that they dislike or they do the same workout every day. Try something that gets you out of your comfort zone and mix it up. Some examples: Yoga, dance class, spin class, row class, boxing class, walking in new areas or swimming.
3. Find a buddy! You can use the time you would spend catching up with friends to get moving. As an ambassador for Play City we are all about enriching communities by connecting people through physical activity. If you want a new buddy, download the Play City app and have some fun!
4. Consider working with a trainer or join an online program/challenge. Why? Studies show that the #1 reason people are not successful in achieving their fitness goals is due to lack of accountability. Stay on track with this important puzzle piece and LOVE your results.
5. GOALS. Recently in my article 3 goals NOT related to weight loss I provided you with some action items to put into motion. However, the main thing that will help you here is how you set your goals. Make them specific and relative. Instead of saying "I want to lose weight" change that to "I want to lose 10lbs so I can look great and feel confident in my bikini when I go to Mexico in February". Simply by changing the wording and getting specific you instantly increase your chances of staying on track and hitting your goals!
6. Sit down. Be humble. Be KIND to yourself. Miss a workout? That is okay. Ate McDonalds? No sweat! None of this means it is game over. Get right back on track and crush it! If you would like some help on how to train your mindset to be more kind, have a read of this.
Don’t miss out! Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get nutritious recipes, healthy weight-loss tips, easy ways to stay in shape and all the health news you need, delivered straight to your inbox.