Oh balls! These avocado chocolate brownie balls are so delicious. My vegan month has been filled with healthy baking kitchen failures (think runny pancakes and crumbly bread) but THESE are not going to be included in the list of failures because they are delicious. I had an abundance of avocados in the house, as most of us do because they all get ripe at the exact same time, so I needed to find a use for them! I bring to you, Avocado Chocolate Vegan Balls!
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup large flake oats (processed into flour)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 pkts organic stevia
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with the back of spoon/fork. Mix in the cocoa powder, brown sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix it well and then taste it to see how much stevia you want to use (based on desired sweetness level). Add the oat flour and mix well.
- Roll balls and lace on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
NOTES: If the mixture feels to soft, add a pinch more rolled oats (or shredded coconut). I kept my balls in the freezer (in a ziplock bag) but you could store in the fridge until they are all gobbled up. Oat flour can easily be made by grinding up 1 cup of oats in a blender.
What did you think of these balls? One of my other favourite vegan recipes (cinnamon buns) can be found here. They are so delicious.
Have a bouncy day!