Healthy Spicy Coconut Chicken Curry
When eating healthy, chicken is usually a staple in your diet. This is because it is a low calorie, high protein source. You can find out more here about the importance of protein when trying to reach your fitness goals. So what to do when you are tired of the same old bland white chicken breast paired with broccoli and brown rice? Here is a delicious curry recipe that will transform your chicken.
Be sure not to skimp on the turmeric for this recipe. Turmeric can assist you with controlling your blood sugar levels, it can improve your heart health and it can also act as an anti-inflammatory. You are basically doing your body an injustice by NOT eating this curry.
Chicken Breast (3-4)
1/2 cup sliced red onion
3/4 cup lite coconut milk (can) - For the lowest fat option get this 12 pack!
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (I use this one - it is the best - you can even have a subscription!)
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
SPICE UP YOUR LIFE
1 tbsp curry powder
1/2 tbsp turmeric
1/2 tbsp paprika
1/2 tbsp cayenne
Black pepper to taste
- Cube the chicken and cook in a pan with some coconut oil. Do not season.
- Remove the chicken and set aside. Add the red onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until the onion is nearly translucent.
- Add chicken broth, coconut milk and all spices. Stir. Let simmer and then cover it. Reduce the heat to low and the sauce should thicken up.
- Add the cooked chicken back in and cook for about another 5 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Remove from heat and let sit to thicken.
MACROS - per serving (recipe makes about 4 servings)
*Add or substitute chicken for sweet potato if you want to be different*
Stay strong. Be the fire.