Have your (Birthday) cake.. And eat it too
Nothing worse than receiving a birthday cake, and not being able to eat it! #lifefear
Tomorrow I turn the big 2 5 ! The age where apparently my hangover is going to last for days, my metabolism will slow and flossing my teeth should not be taken lightly.
While I am extremely excited to turn 25, the cupcakes, cookies and candy have already started presenting themselves and well, birthday calories don't count do they?
Wrong. Here is a recipe for a delicious cake that I HIGHLY recommend you make for any upcoming birthday. Not only can you finally take part in enjoying a slice with your friends by being healthy AND social, you can prove to all those who know you in your life that a cake can be delicious even when it isn't made with avocados, fava beans or rice crackers.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook: 35 minutes
1 cup Coconut Oil (melt it)
1 cup Maple Syrup
1 cup shredded coconut
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit
- Sift coconut flour into a bowl and add salt and baking soda
- In a larger bowl combine eggs, vanilla, syrup and melted coconut oil
- Add dry to wet and blend until smooth and then stir in the shredded coconut
- Pour into 2 9" greased cake pans
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Either slice each cake in half to create 4 layers or just be okay with a 2 layer cake
- Frost each layer, refrigerate and devour!
Gotta go, it is my Birthday and I have cake to eat !!
Stay strong. Be the fire.