Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Do you ever find yourself in the fridge late at night, wishing you had something sweet that wasn't going to push you WAY over your macro count for the day? Look no further.
I am so excited to share this recipe for my Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins! The best part about them? They contain Peanut Butter *jaw drops* ! Something every girl should have on hand and an ingredient that usually takes care of you sweet tooth.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Wet ingredients:
- 3 medium/large ripe bananas mashed
- ½ cup SunButter (or your nut butter of choice)
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted & cooled coconut oil
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Dry ingredients:
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips (some extra to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a muffin pan
- Place wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix well using whisk (I mash bananas before combining with other wet ingredients)
- Once mixed well, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix. For fluffier muffins, mix dry ingredients well before adding to wet.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips once everything is mixed well
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until edges start to turn golden
- Enjoy with your toppings (more peanut butter) or plain
- You can keep in fridge for about 7 days or freeze for longer!
Tip: Heat in the microwave and spread with Peanut Butter before consuming (drooool)
Stay strong. Be the fire.